For centuries seers have been connecting to their divine intuition and wisdom by opening their Third Eye. It allows us to experience the subtle nuances between our world and the world of spirits, by helping us channel our intelligence and psychic powers.
The Third Eye is your 6th Chakra, the home of your intuition, and the window to your enlightenment. It is located in centre of the brain, and some argue there is a correlation between this, and the Great pyramids being in the centre of the physical planet, and because it is directly behind the eyes, it is activated by light. Due to its close proximity to the hypothalamus gland, it can also have an impact on your most basic primal needs of thirst, hunger, and sexual desire.
The Third Eye is really the core of all our spiritual work. For most of us, the reason we choose to meditate is to deepen our connection to our inner divine, connect with our soul, and tune into our intuition so we can make more informed choices. We must have a clear and open Third Eye in order to truly see the path laid out before us.
Here are our favorite ways to work on opening the Third Eye, so we can truly transform into the best versions of ourselves
- MEDITATE. We can’t stress this enough. Your meditation practice is the most integral connection to your Third Eye you have. Make sure you are fostering that growth with regular sessions.
- Step out of your comfort zone every single day.. Open your mind by being curious, and exploring new ideas and beliefs. A closed eye thrives on narrow minded beliefs.
- Eat whole, nutrient dense foods. Get all the antioxidants you can through superfoods like acai, blueberries, quinoa and coconut. Your body thrives off the energy provided by proper nourishment. The better you take care of the physical body, the more energy reserves there are for the spiritual body
- Use ginkgo biloba, rosemary, and passionflower. Plant these in your garden so you can make delicious herbal teas, and dry them to hang around your home.
- Use those crystals! Wear them in your mala, tuck them in your pockets, purse, car, pillow case… wherever you spend the most time. We recommend Lapis Lazuli and Labradorite.
- Don’t forget your mantra! “I am open”, “I trust myself” and “My intuition knows the way” are our favorites.